Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Whats new?

AVIE:
Avie went to the doctor today. She has a very difficult time going to the bathroom (bowel movement). At times it is so bad that she brings back up her bottles from pushing so hard. Yesterday my mom said that she was pushing so hard that her bottle was coming back up and out her little nose. So I called the doctor and I was scheduled for Wednesday at 3:40. Well here in Ohio we are having a huge snow storm and we were off of school today, and from the looks of things we will be getting a big amount of snow tonight and into tomorrow. So, I was afraid the doctor's office would be closed tomorrow, and got her in today. The doctor recommended that I try Mineral Oil, 1/2 teaspoon each day. Apparently, it is an all natural oil that won't hurt her in any way, shape, or form, but will help things move better inside. My mom also suggested this after talking to my aunt. I am happy to say, it has already started working!! Please keep her in your prayers. It is awful not being able to go!
The doctor also said she is up to 22 pounds! What can I say... she likes to eat! I can't believe she was only 4.15 when we brought her home from the hospital.
She has also started standing up by herself, well while holding on to something. She loves her activity table that she got from Santa. She can hold herself up and play. She is pretty proud of herself. She will just look at you and smile.
I am afraid I am going to have a "fit thrower" on my hands. She is a bit of a drama queen. Now her newest thing is to throw herself backwards and cry when she is told "no" or she is mad about something. I think I am in for a long road with her :(
She is also walking all over in her walker. She is ripping things off of my stove and tries to grab everything. There for awhile, she could only go backwards. Now she has the hang of going fowards and WATCH OUT! The dogs aren't too thrilled, they get their paws and tails run over a lot.

CHARLIE:
Charlie has been busy working on jobs here and there. He is headed to sunny Florida at the end of this week for probably 2 weeks. He is doing some work at his sisters, her beauty shop, her grandmothers, and her mother's homes. He is looking foward to warm weather, but is worried he is going to miss a developmental milestone with Avie.
He has also been working very hard on the bathroom. It really looks great!

JACIE:
I have been enjoying the snow days! It is so nice to stay home with Avie. I am still at the nursing home 3 days a week. Usually 2 days before school in the morning, and 1 day on Saturday. School is going pretty well this year. The kids are good and they keep my busy.
I am not looking foward to Charlie leaving for 2 weeks. It's hard being a single parent!

Well I think that is all for now. This was suppossed to be an Avie Update, but then it turned into a family update.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: