Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A blessing from 2008

As I think back on January of 2008, I am reminded that I was pregnant at this time last year. I thought that pregnancy was NEVER going to end, but looking back now, time has gone so quickly. Charlie and I now have a beautiful and healthy baby girl, and we cannot imagine how/what our lives would be like without her.
I have been following a blog about a little girl named Bree who has cancer. She is 9 months old, the same age as Parker and 2 months older than Avie. It is just heart breaking, I can hardly read it because it at times because it is just so sad. I just continue to think, what if that was our Avie.
I guess God leads us to things (blogs or other things) in life so we realize how precious and special the things are that we have. I was often told of a mother's love, but I never understood what it meant, or what it felt like until we had our baby girl. She lights up our lives each and every day.
I am not typically into new years resolutions however; this year I am going to work very hard on not taking things for granted. We might not live in a mansion, but it is a roof over our head; we might not be millionairs, but we can pay our bills and have some extras; and we might not have some of the finest "things" but we have the very best life, family and friends we could ever ever ask for.
God is so good to us, and in 2009 I am going to be more thankful for all of the wonderful people and things He has given to me.

1 comment:

The Patterson's said...

hi Mrs. Wright.....
This is Tanner's mom Tammie & Christy's sitter. I agree with you totally on this post!! So Thankful!
I love looking at your blog and Avie is just too adorable.