Monday, March 2, 2009

Big Day for Avie

Avie decided she was ready to wake up this morning at 5:55am. So I went and got her out of her crib and got her morning bottle ready. I gave her to Charlie, who was still snoozing away in our bed, with her bottle and began to get ready. This is how I found her about 6:45... out cold in our bed. This evening I was folding laundry and felt a bump under our covers.... come to find out when she was done with her bottle this morning, she "hid" it under the covers. I love to watch her sleep. Yesterday morning before church, this is how I found Avie and Charlie... 2 peas in a pod. They were both watching TV, but as soon as I got ready to snap the picture Avie looked at me.

NEWS OF THE DAY:

My mom watched Avie today. When I arrived at her house this afternoon I was greeted by a big "toothy" smile and my mom with a list of things that Avington did today. So here they are....
1. Walked around the jumpy toy
2. Drank water from a real cup
3. Went a couple of steps on her own behind a walker stroller thingy I bought her and a walker thingy that my mom bought her
4. Stood by herself, only for about 2 seconds, but its a start
5. Said dadada, finally! She has been saying mamam for weeks and now a whole host of other babbles, but she wouldn't say dadada
6. Kicked a ball over and over. I watched her do this yesterday at church, but I thought it was a fluke. Today confirmed it. It is so funny. She grabs our fingers and walks and kicks the ball, then goes as fast as she can towards it again and kicks it again. She does this several times in a row. We think she is going to be the next pro womens soccer player... watch our Mia Hamm. We like to think she is also taking after Uncle Ryan.
She has also become very fasinated with our tongue and our teeth. If the soccer thing doesn't work out for her, I think she will be a Dentist. She is constantly sticking her fingers in our mouth and feeling our teeth and tongues. We joke that we are at the dentist when she does it. Too funny!

No comments: